Requisition #: 20-1242 - Weather Anchor-Reporter
About Us: As an ABC6 News (KAAL-TV) employee, you’re surrounded by opportunity while experiencing forward thinking philosophy. You’ll work among passionate, engaged professionals who work together to create the most entertaining content in Television and Digital platforms for our audience. Whether you’re searching for a career On-Air, Behind-The Scenes, or Marketing & Promotion, there’s opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive within ABC6 News and Hubbard Broadcasting. Job Overview: The Weather Anchor- Reporter is responsible to produce and present dynamic forecast and in tune with the station's strategic goals. The Weather Anchor must be a storyteller and communicator on television and across our digital and social media platforms.
- Responsible for the content of TV news weathercasts on air and on our digital platforms during assigned newscasts.
- Produce and present clear and concise weathercasts, which tell a story and connect with viewers.
- Develop content and create graphics for on-air, web and social media.
- Work with producers to determine relevant weather content in breaking news and everyday situations.
- Live shots and reporting from community events and in breaking news.
- Issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps and report live during weather events.
- Utilize and capitalize social media during severe weather and everyday situations. Co-anchor assigned newscast.
- On days when not anchoring weather, work on the station reporter schedule, as assigned.
- Represent the station at personal appearances and community events.
- Maintain appropriate and strict standards regarding wardrobe, hair, cosmetics and grooming as directed by management.
- Must be able to respond and work well in a crisis. Be able to handle last minute and unexpected changes.
- Complete other duties as requested and needed.
Bachelor's degree in Meteorology or related field required. Experience with computer graphics and radar. Excellent weather and news judgment. Ability to make quick and effective decisions while ad-libbing. Ability to work well under pressure while meeting daily assigned deadlines. Ability to write, shoot and report from the field when needed. Familiar with American Meteorological Society and associated criteria for certification. Professional, consistent on-air appearance. Must be flexible to work any assigned shift including nights, weekends, and holidays. Must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving history as determined by the Company. The station will check your driving record prior to employment. Ability to work on short deadlines. Ability to work in compliance with company and FCC policies and procedures.
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer.