Finance & Customer Care Director
Position: Finance and Customer Care Director
Posting Close Date: Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Pay Range: $117,540 - $167,915 annually
Please note: Actual starting pay will be determined at the time of offer based on the experience, education and training of the successful candidate.
Austin Utilities is seeking a talented and self-driven individual to join our leadership team. A key member of the senior management team with primary responsibility for all accounting and financial functions for the organization, including maintenance of financial records, systems review and support, compliance with regulatory requirements for Federal and State laws and supervision of staff. Overall responsibility to plan, organize and provide strategic leadership to Finance, Customer Service, Communications and Energy Services and Storeroom departments to meet the needs of our customers and staff. The ability to establish departmental standards, procedures, and strategic directives, as well as maintain personal and professional integrity at all times, consistent with our mission and values.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, organize and manage all aspects of the Finance, Customer Service, Communications and Storeroom departments;
- Coordinate the annual financial audit for the Utility. Prepare financial statements, schedules and other related information for the external audit firm. Oversee the implementation of recommendations made by external auditors;
- Prepare monthly financial statements and reports as required by law. Develops financial studies and plans. Forecasts, projects estimates and monitors the financial condition of the Utility to ensure its financial well-being.
- Establishes and nurtures highly effective relationships with employees, customer and stakeholders that support and advance business goals and objectives. Works to assist with inter and intra departmental communications, operational tasks and collaborative activities.
Why should you apply?
Austin Utilities has been recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work” in Southeast Minnesota. We put your safety first, and have been the recipient of several safety awards. As an integral member of our leadership team, this position provides an opportunity for personal and career development to advance your professional career as you demonstrate your expertise within our organization. You will have the opportunity to work with a very dedicated team of professionals who are passionate in their service to our community. And, we offer a work environment where work-life balance is realized.
What will it take to be successful?
- Four-year Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Public Administration or a closely-related field;
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible financial work, and three (3) years in a supervisory role. Local government or public utility experience preferred;
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s license and ability to be bonded.
What a career at Austin Utilities can offer you…
As a community-owned enterprise for over 100 years, we offer the stability of providing a required service and commodity for our community. We are a diverse team of professionals who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our community through new and innovative technologies. We understand employees have competing priorities. That is why we have created an environment that embraces teamwork and flexibility. Join a diverse team of high performers who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our community and tap into the power of your potential!
How to apply: Please complete the Finance and Customer Care Director application packet (application and supplemental questionnaire) and forward your application package and resume to:
E-mail: email@example.com or mail to: Austin Utilities, ATTN: Human Resources, 1908 14th Street NE, Austin MN 55912. We are an EEO employer.